- Text Only
City of Huntsville, AL
 Mayor Tommy Battle  |Employment  |Departments  |I Want To...  |City Government  |For Residents  |For Visitors  |Election Information

Contact Information

Main phone: 256-535-CITY

Email Us:

Service Requests:
Huntsville Connect

General Information:
(256) 535-city(2489)
Office hours: 8am - 5pm
Holidays, Sat. & Sun. : Closed
After-hours non-emergency call (256) 427-7009
Police related (256) 427-7114

City of Huntsville Alabama
P.O. Box 308
Huntsville, Alabama 35804
Holidays, Sat. & Sun. Closed

HR Office:
Office Human Resources
Municipal Building-1st Floor
308 Fountain Circle
Huntsville, AL 35801
Telephone: 256/427-5240
Fax: 256/427-5245

Tommy Battle, 256.427.5000
City Administrator:
John S. Hamilton, 256.427.5009
Equal Employment Officer:
Saundra Simmons, 256.427.5238
The City of Huntsville greatly appreciates your questions and comments. In an effort to better serve the public, we have redesigned our "Contact" (customer service) page to provide immediate feedback for frequently asked questions (FAQ) and/or commonly addressed issues.
Please click your question below.

1. Do you have inquiries or complaints regarding the City of Huntsville?
If you have general Questions or Complaints for the City, or you are not sure who to contact regarding your issue, please visit Customer Service.

The Customer Service connects you to Mayor Battle's contact page, which operates as a primary information resource center for both city government and the citizens of Huntsville. The Customer Service (Contact) links questions, comments, complaints and suggestions from the public to the appropriate division of city government in order to quickly resolve your issues and complaints.

You can also contact Customer Service by phone during normal business hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.

Email: contact@huntsvilleal.gov Phone: (256) 535-CITY (2489)
Web: www.hsvcity.com/contact.php

2. Do you need to report garbage, trash, or recycling problem?
Solid waste, including yard debris and other items, is collected from residences by the Sanitation department once a week Monday thru Thursday. Household garbage (e.g. bathroom and kitchen products) must be placed in assigned green containers.

Old appliances, furniture and other bulky items should be placed at the curb by 7am on the scheduled pick up day. City of Huntsville does not pick up garbage or other disposable items produced by businesses.

For general information regarding garbage collection such as requesting a garbage container, reporting missed pickups, please call (256) 883-3964 (automated voice response system) and make the necessary selection.

Calls for Recycling services are handled by Allied Waste at (256) 830-2467.

3. Do you need to report maintenance (potholes and/or road paving) problem?
Issues or problems concerning pothole patching, base failure repair, crack sealing, sidewalk repair, curb and gutter repair, ditch maintenance, street sweeping, and loose leaf collection are handled by the Maintenance Division of Public Works Services. You may reach them at (256) 883-3944 or via web at www.hsvcity.com/PWO for additional information.

4. Are you looking for employment with the City of Huntsville?
You may begin by accessing the Human Resources page by clicking here via the city website. This page contains information, instructions and links to the employment application where you may browse for positions and register to apply for positions which interest you.

If you experience any problems with the application, you may contact the Human Resources department directly at (256) 427-5240 for assistance.

5. Do you have an issue regarding Traffic Citations or payments?
Traffic fines and citations, driving school, and all related issues and questions are handled by the Municipal Court. You may contact the Municipal Court at any time during normal business hours 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday. Telephone inquiries can be made by calling (256) 427-7800 or via web at www.hsvcity.com/municipalcourt.

6. How do I obtain a Business License?
The Clerk-Treasurer will assist you in making sure that your business complies with all applicable city ordinances. If you have questions or concerns in regards to obtaining a "Privilege" License please contact the Clerk-Treasurer department at (256) 427-5088 or via web at www.hsvcity.com/clerk/priv_lic.php.

Contractors may call the Inspection department at (256) 427-5331.

7. Are you interested in obtaining a Building Permit?
Building Permit Applications are obtained from the Inspection department for residential and commercial properties. You can reach the Inspection department by phone, at (256) 427-5331 Monday through Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm or via web at www.hsvcity.com/inspection.

8. Where do I obtain my Driver's License and/or Tags (Auto & Boat Tags; Drivers & Boat Operators Test; Hunting & Fishing)?
Any inquiries or questions regarding automobile, hunting, and fishing licenses; auto tag transfers; new resident vehicle registration and titles; boat registration will be addressed by the Madison County License Department at (256) 532-3310, via web at www.co.madison.al.us/LicenseDept/ and/or email @ tags@co.madison.al.us for additional information.

Application and Testing for Driver's Licenses is handled by the State Troopers at the 1115A Church Street, Huntsville 35801 at (256) 539-0681/fax (256) 536-3682 and/or via web @ dps.alabama.gov.

Satellite Office Locations (e.g. Bailey Cove, Meridianville, New Hope, Madison, Parkway Place, and Redstone Arsenal) can be reached at (256) 532-3323.

8. Learn about financial services and financial management information and taxes?
For Huntsville citizens and others interested in city financial information (e.g. tax information) please call the Finance department at (256) 427-5080 or visit via web at www.hsvcity.com/finance.

Sales Tax information, (256) 427-5070
Tax Assessor, (256) 532-3350, www.co.madison.al.us/services/taxa
Tax Collector, (256) 532-3370, www.co.madison.al.us/services/taxc

9. How do I look up proposed legislation?
You can look up council agendas, boards & commission, council meeting and events, and council district map via the web at www.hsvcity.com/citycouncil/. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the City Council at (256) 427-5011.

10. Who do I call about Public Assistance?
If you have any questions in regards to Adoption, Day Care Licensing, Assets Office/Food Stamps/Public Assistance, and Child Support Enforcement, please call (256) 535-4500.

11. Do you want to make reservations at Big Spring Park?
If you would like to make reservations at Big Spring Park, please call the Brahan Spring Recreation Center at (256) 883-3710.

Special Event Permits (e.g. parades, protests, and/or pickets), please contact Lt. Mark McMurray at (256) 427-5580.

12. Are you interested in travel or tourist information on Huntsville?
If you are interested in current attractions, events, dining, recreation, and/or maps and transportation for the City of Huntsville you may get this information from the Huntsville/Madison County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (256) 551-2230 or www.huntsville.org or Chamber of Commerce of Huntsville/Madison County by phone at (256) 535-2000 or www.huntsvillealabamausa.com.

You can also get additional links from the City of Huntsville website at www.hsvcity.com/other_websites.php.

13. Is there a nuisance (overgrown weeds, litter, unsafe buildings, etc.) in the neighborhood?
If you are concerned with the enforcement of City ordinances related to the following list please call Community Development at (256) 427-5400 or via the web www.huntsvilleal.gov/comdev.

  • Unsafe buildings
  • Substandard housing
  • Junk and litter
  • Tall grass and weeds
  • Overweight truck parking
  • Inoperative motor vehicles on right of way
  • Abatement of public nuisances

  • BigPictureHuntsville.com Imagine Huntsville? Mayor Tommy Battle
    City Of Huntsville Huntsville eGOV
    Huntsville Connect: Submit Service Requests
    Huntsville's Online - Forms/Applications
    Alabama's Paperless Filing - Pay Taxes
    Inspection Requests - Details
    Municipal Court - Pay tickets online
    Huntsville Police Records - Search
    Portable Storage (PSS) - Permits
    Search City Laws - Online Database
    Electronic Plans - Review Submittal

    Hunstville Facebook HunstvilleCity Twitter Huntsville YouTube Huntsville Instagram
    HSV1 - City of Huntsville ADA Compliance
    only search HuntsvilleAL.gov
    Service Requests
    HSV Connect    Healthy Huntsville

    ADA :: Publications/Documents :: City Council Agendas/Documents :: HSV1 / Video on Demand :: About the Logo :: Moving to Huntsville?
    © Copyright All Rights Reserved | City of Huntsville, Alabama | Privacy Policy | Site Map | COH E-mail | COH ESS | COH Intranet